In recent years, data storage and archiving has rapidly become a high priority for Filmmakers & Video Producers. The convenience of Hard Drives has often become the method of choice over more stable and reliable solutions due to cost, but they are not a long term solution.
Studio Post is proud to introduce the archiving alternative to Hard drives. LTO (Linear Tape-Open) is a tape based data storage system that combines convenience and reliability. Introduced in 1997 by a consortium of data companies IBM, HP and Quantum, LTO is an affordable and fast storage method that allows for multiple media sources and cross platform compatibility.
Benefits of Linear Tape-Open Storage.
- 1.5 terabytes of data per tape.
- 180 Mbps transfer speed is faster than a hard drive.
- Tapes play on any LTO 5 player regardless of the manufacturer.
- 30 year shelf life.
- Stores all types of data files, not just video.
- 5 times less costly to archive than the average SATA disk.
- Indexing system allows drag and drop functionality.
- Safe from mechanical failure.
Information is a valuable commodity for many businesses and having a reliable and affordable method for archiving this data is mandatory. With LTO – 5 Studio Post takes the innovation of leading manufacturers to ensure this data has longevity and is preserved in an archive that is low cost, reliable, has huge capacity, scales easily and consumes minimum energy.